frequently asked questions
- How long have you been doing photography?
10 years since I first started, and 3 years since doing it professionally!
- Your Instagram says “intimate weddings and elopements”, does that mean you are not taking bigger scale weddings?
Not at all! 150 guest count or less is my sweet spot and personal preference, but I do take a select number of weddings over this size a year. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you are having a bigger wedding!
- How would you describe your style?
I am a lover of warm, earthy tones! I feel like my photos actually really reflect my personality! I love capturing really intimate, moving and powerful moments, and the super silly and playful ones, too!
- What’s the difference between a regular couples session and an adventure session?
My couples/anniversary/engagement sessions are all taken place at an easily accessible location with moderate planning. Adventure sessions are for couples who seek a little more thrill. If you want to hike in to a dreamy waterfall, shoot in Yosemite, or fly with me to Antelope Canyon, this is for you! Adventure sessions require much more planning and expertise, and it’s an entire experience that comes with not only a gorgeous and fun session, but also an outdoor adventure.
- What is the turnaround time for photos?
For a full-day wedding, typically from 4-12 weeks. For 90 minute sessions, typically 1-3 weeks.
- How many images can I expect to receive?
For half-day weddings, from 150+. For full-day weddings, from 200+. For all 90 minute sessions, 75+.
- How far can we go for my engagement session?
All engagement sessions can be up to 1-2 hours travel to the location. For engagement session locations that require a 3-4 hour drive, additional travel fees will apply.
- How long will my gallery remain up for?
6 months for small sessions, 1 year for weddings. Be sure to download your images and keep them somewhere safe. There is a $200 gallery re-open fee after the gallery has expired.
- How long do I get with you for engagements/fashion/lifestyle/family shoots?
60-90 minutes depending on your package!
- Is there an initial payment required to hold my shoot?
Yes! All shoots require a 25% non-refundable initial payment to complete booking and to hold your shoot. Your wedding date will not be secured and booking will not be complete until both the deposit and digital contract are signed and paid.
- What is your style/how do you work?
My style is laidback, playful, and full of laughs. I am a go-with-the-flow type of gal, who can roll with the punches and surprises of any wedding day. I’m as hands-on or hands-off as you need me to be.
- How are my images delivered?
Via an online gallery where you can make prints, download high-res images, and which does not require a log-in or account.
- Can I add additional hours to my wedding after I have booked?
Yes! You have up until 1 month before the wedding date to add additional hours. Beyond the 1 month mark, no changes can be made to the contract.
- Do you provide liability insurance?
When venues require them, yes.
- I don’t know how to pose! Is that a concern on my shoot day?
Not at all! I direct as much or as little as needed. With fashion shoots, I pull poses that work well with your personality and your concept. With couples, I have some fun ways of drawing out and capturing genuine moments. Real laughs, real hugs, real love.
- Do you offer wedding albums?
Not at this time! I hope to add these back into my packages in the future.
- Will my photos have watermarks?
- How do I prepare for my session?
I will be sending out a fun little prep-guide with outfit info and more!
- What happens if it rains on my shoot date?
We can reschedule your shoot with no rescheduling fee! Or if you are down to play in the rain, so am I!
- What is the best time for lighting?
The best times for lighting are sunrise and sunset. I will always help to plan your session based on the best time of day :).